So What is a Keratin Lash LIft?
Posted on April 30 2021
A Keratin Lash Lift will make natural lashes appear fuller, longer, lifted and curled without using a lash curler each day and a PERFECT alternative to eyelash extensions.
How Does A Lash Lift Work
The hair has 3 layers consisting of the medulla, the cortex, and the cuticle which are all made up of keratin which is a protein and in the hair, these are ‘chains’ which are held together by physical and chemical bonds.
There are three types of bonds salt, hydrogen and disulfide bonds. There are lot more of these bonds they account for nearly 1/3 of the hair’s strength and are also easy to manipulate into temporary shape/ curl/lift. In the case of eyelashes where an eyelash curler is used to change the shape and give a lift to the eyelashes Disulfide Bonds are the strongest bonds and when we carry out a lash lift we are changing the bonds through a chemical reaction called reduction:
- Lash & Brow Plex Prep 01 Lotion Lifts and opens the cuticle to enter the cortex and break the disulfide bonds.
- Lash & Brow Plex Fixing 02 Lotion creates a chemical process that removes the hydrogen atoms and reforms the disulfide bonds is called “oxidation”. This is what reforms the bonds into their new shape (curl) on the silicon shield.
- Lash & Brow Plex Keratin Nourishing 03 Lotion to seal and moisturise and nourish the eyelashes
Our NEW Keratin Lash&BrowPlex System is perfect for all clients:
- Dry Lashes - Keratin Nourishing Lotion to nourish, seal and moisturise the lash structure
- Straight Lashes - Lash&BrowPlex System will lift and curl the natural lashes for up to 6-8 weeks
- Thin Lashes - Keratin to make the lashes fuller and thicker
- Results are fuller, softer lashes and 100% your own lashes!